Re: CVS information

On 08.03.01 at 22:32, Brian Gilkison <gilkison@one.net> wrote:

>>>[...] getting the Validator to work on NT [...]
>>
>>I'd really like to get this fixed once and for all, but I don't have an
>>NT box at the moment. I'll try to get one set up sometime, but no
>>guarantees.
>
>I'm happy to be a tester in the Win32 realm

Aha! Another vic^H^Holunteer! :-)

>After several unsuccessful attempts at building [Text::Iconv on NT] myself
>[...], I sent a request to the Perl Win32 mailing list
>(Perl-Win32-Users@listserv.ActiveState.com), and someone from ActiveState
>was kind enough to build a PPM package for Text::Iconv.  [It] appears to
>be working as it should be, although if someone could share a URL I can
>hit to verify the Text::Iconv functions are working, I'd appreciate it.

Well, as you already know from private email, but others might find
usefull, there are some test cases in "dev/tests/". Of particular interest
to the Iconv changes are checks for windows-1250, iso-2022-jp, and UTF-8.

>If anyone else wants it, the package is accessible from
>http://activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.6plus/Text-Iconv.ppd.

There should probably be a link to that from "/source/", as well as updated
system requirements to deal with NT.

>> Did you get Cygwin running?
>
>Short answer -- yes.  Long answer -- yes, but I have no idea what to do
>about the error messages I was getting when I attempted to build
>Text::Iconv or libiconv from source...

Email me the output and maybe I can make an educated guess; or at least
have it for reference for when I get an NT box up and running.