Re: Validating SSL protected web-pages

From: Terje Bless (link@tss.no)
Date: Sun, Feb 18 2001

    Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 21:02:32 +0100
    From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
    To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
    cc: Ivana Belgers-van Overmeeren <ivana.belgers@surfnet.nl>
    Subject: Re: Validating SSL protected web-pages

    On 15.02.01 at 03:07, Ivana Belgers-van Overmeeren
    <ivana.belgers@surfnet.nl> wrote:

    >I wanted to test my web-pages that are SSL protected, but I noticed that
    >only http:// URLs are supported by the http://validator.w3.org/. I could
    >use the 'upload' feature, but then it wouldn't consider the SSI that I use
    >in my pages. Is there any way of testing my SSI pages with the validator
    >tools?

    Use your browser's "Save As..." function and then upload the saved copy.

    >The URL is https://intern.surfnet.nl/ and can only be accessed with a
    >correct Certificate.

    If this is a private Certificate, we couldn't check the site even if we did
    add SSL/TLS support. That said, SSL/TLS is on the TODO and should be
    reasonably easy to provide once a few other things are taken care of.