Re: Validating SSL protected web-pages

From: Terje Bless (
Date: Sun, Feb 18 2001

    Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 21:02:32 +0100
    From: Terje Bless <>
    To: W3C Validator <>
    cc: Ivana Belgers-van Overmeeren <>
    Subject: Re: Validating SSL protected web-pages
    On 15.02.01 at 03:07, Ivana Belgers-van Overmeeren
    <> wrote:
    >I wanted to test my web-pages that are SSL protected, but I noticed that
    >only http:// URLs are supported by the I could
    >use the 'upload' feature, but then it wouldn't consider the SSI that I use
    >in my pages. Is there any way of testing my SSI pages with the validator
    Use your browser's "Save As..." function and then upload the saved copy.
    >The URL is and can only be accessed with a
    >correct Certificate.
    If this is a private Certificate, we couldn't check the site even if we did
    add SSL/TLS support. That said, SSL/TLS is on the TODO and should be
    reasonably easy to provide once a few other things are taken care of.