Re: html validator suggestion

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Jon Hall wrote:

> and it will usually tell me where I goofed. The only problem I have is if
> the page has dynamic content that requires a form, cookie, or some other
> session data structure to be in place, the validator ends up scanning the
> error page.

One option there is to use cg-eye to construct your query, including all
the form data, cookies, or whatever else you need.  cg-eye has a
validation option.

> The solution?
> Provide a text box that users can copy and paste the html code into
> themselves.

That's another solution.  As it happens, the WDG validator offers
that option.

> Sounds pretty easy and doable to me.

That's no doubt why both the above tools have been available since
about 1997 under <URL:http://www.htmlhelp.org/tools/>.

--
Nick Kew