CSS and XHTML

From: <pdf@bizfon.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:40:28 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

In the "XHTML 1.0: The Extensible HyperText Markup Language" document, located
here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xhtml1-20000126/

Appendix C (C.13) states:
CSS style sheets for XHTML should use lower case element and attribute names.

So then if my page contains this:
BODY {}
#TOPTITLE {}

is that no good?  I'm not sure what the document means by "element and attribute
names" in a CSS document.  I can understand the element requirement to be lower
case (since html elements must be written in lowercase), but I don't know when
you would possibly specify an attribute name in a CSS document.  For the record,
my document validates with the above style.  Should this validate?

Thanks,
Peter