Re: XHTML Basic

I think that Masa may have confused some people here:

Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:

> Also note that in the XHTML Basic specification, the "id" attribute is
> NOT used on the "a" element, but on other elements like "h2" and "dt".

To be clear, the source of the XHTML Basic document never uses the id
attribute on the "a" element as an anchor point, instead relying upon
the id attribute of elements like h2 and dt.  This is because some older
browsers do not support the HTML 4 required behavior of permitting the
id attribute of the "a" element to be an anchor.