detected character encoding "upload"

From: Karl-Michael Schneider <schneide@phil.uni-passau.de>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 18:42:53 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
When I try to validate the URI

http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~schneide/discogr/hmvindia.php3

with http://validator.w3.org/ I get the following error message:

Sorry! A fatal error occurred when attempting to transcode the character
encoding of the document. Either we do not support this character encoding yet,
or you have specified a non-existent character encoding (often a misspelling).

The detected character encoding was "inline".

The error was "".

When I load the URI in Opera 6.0 and upload it to the validator, the error
message is:

Sorry! A fatal error occurred when attempting to transcode the character
encoding of the document. Either we do not support this character encoding yet,
or you have specified a non-existent character encoding (often a misspelling).

The detected character encoding was "upload".

The error was "".

Is this a bug or a feature?

Regards,
Karl-Michael Schneider