Re: Thanks a lot

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:57:19 +0000 (GMT)
To: "Peter K. Sheerin" <pete@petesguide.com>
cc: <webmaster@domovina.net>, <www-validator@w3.org>, Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Peter K. Sheerin wrote:

> Frank,
>
> I too, hate moving goalposts, but the recent changes to the validator did
> not make your documents invalid--they already were.

That is a slightly contentious statement.  But in any case, it's
not the point.

The W3C validator had, at some time in the past, told him his documents
were valid, *AND* invited him to advertise the fact with the badge.
Now it's pulled the rug from under his feet.  Supposing he only found
out when he presented his "standards-compliant" work to an important
Client?  Most embarassing!  And his fault is that he *trusted* W3C.

It also begs the question: "If I fix this, how do I know the same thing
won't happen again, with reference to some other aspect of my sites?"

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>