Re: Thanks a lot

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:48:17 -0800
To: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>, <webmaster@domovina.net>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
At 11:18 PM +0000 12/6/01, Nick Kew wrote:
>Now you mention it, this is indeed a serious issue, and I have to
>agree with your comment about moving the goalposts.  Updating the
>validator is fair enough; breaking peoples "valid HTML" badges isn't.

I agree that this is a serious problem and reflects poorly on the
level of support to the web development community that the W3C should
be providing if they want to be taken seriously.  There _are_ serious
problems with the W3C continuing to act like "ivory tower elitists"
and ignoring concerns of usability, practicality, and customer
service.

I suspect these will never get addressed.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/