Re: W3C Validation says it's right, Tidy says it's wrong. Tidy was right.. [part two]

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 22:59:23 +0000 (GMT)
To: Daniel van Eeden <daniel_e@dds.nl>
cc: <www-validator@w3.org>, <gerald@w3.org>

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Daniel van Eeden wrote:

> I've found a backup of the page...
> http://www.driebergenweb.org/about_me.html.old
> Have a look at the image tag of the KDE image...

Hmmm, an interesting case.  Can anyone explain this in SGML terms?

At a superficial level (which is all I can cope with on this one)
what you have is an unclosed start tag, but one that can be inferred.
Use the Visual Validator in my .sig to see how it normalises.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>