Re: Validator output should include number of errors...

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:35:35 +0200
To: Castro Escareno Guillermo <gcastro@efemco.com>
cc: www-validator@w3.org
On 29.08.01 at 13:43, Castro Escareno Guillermo <gcastro@efemco.com> wrote:

>I would like to see somewhere the number of errors generated, so I have a
>broad idea of how bad my pages are, and if I'm getting closer to

This has been suggested before and will probably be implemented at some
point (some point soon I would hope, but I'm a bit leary of making
predictions right now). Thanks for the feedback on this!

>P.S.: I'm validating an uploaded file with HTML 4.01 Transitional, in case
>you're interested in such info

Well, in this case it wasn't necessary, but in general it's a very good
idea to tell us how you are using the Validator when askin question, making
suggestions, or reporting bugs. It makes it a lot easier for us to
understand the context of your (generic, plural, "your" ;D) message.