Re: Xhtml /CSS validator- umlaut problem

From: Lloyd Wood <l.wood@eim.surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:00:15 +0100 (BST)
To: cwdjrx@webtv.net
cc: www-validator@w3.org
The CSS validator seems to think that you're using unicode. Using
&auml; encodings etc. instead avoids those characters and thus avoids
the problem.

Try explicitly specifying the content type in your doc...

content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />

I imagine that the XML validator is less strict on document content.

L.

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>