Re: ISO-10646 in HTML 4.01(B

From: (wrong string) †hing¹³ <Seething13@webtv.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 13:03:15 -0400 (EDT)
To: duerst@w3.org (Martin Duerst) (B
Cc: www-validator@w3.org (B
LOL, yeah! Sorry, I had been up all night crunching code, and was dead
on my keyboard! I use the online text editor that my host provides.

I re-worked most of that page.....I have NO errors now! WHooo--hooooooo!
(Now on to the other pages in the site..)

How bad is it to just NOT put ANY charset on a page? I mean, Certainly
my host has it set on the server itself, right?

Is there any way to find out what he has it set for.....other than
asking him?

attached mail follows:

If you say you write by hand, I'm sure you mean that you use a plain
text editor, and that you work on some kind of computer with an
operating system.

As for the character on line 87, I saw that too yesterday. Now the
problem seems to be gone. Anyway, it looks like you only use
ASCII characters, so us-ascii should be fine.

Regards,   Martin.