Re: Warn about unknown parameters

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 00:12:13 +0100 (BST)
To: "Peter K. Sheerin" <pete@petesguide.com>
cc: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Peter K. Sheerin wrote:

> Wrong! (I think.)

I think you're falling into the same confusion I did in my first post
on the subject.

> This says nothing about escaping the semicolon when used as a separator, so
> that must mean that his URL was perfectly valid, right?

His URL *is* perfectly valid.  The issue is having to URLencode it
when the entire URL is embedded in a QUERY_STRING.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>