Re: Uh oh! I got the following unknown error:

On 23.06.01 at 00:30, Mike Kendall <mvkendall@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:

>Now I have downloaded the versions as you suggested but
>they all fail with the messages like
>.../include/Message.h:134 `class Messenger` is inaccessible
>nsgml.cxx:62: within this context

That sounds like you downloaded OpenSP 1.4; there is a nominal bug in that
version that is triggered by the stricter C++ compiler in Red Hat 7.x (GCC
2.96-RH). You can either get OpenSP 1.5pre5 -- which is said to contain the
fix -- or use the following workaround with OpenSP 1.4:

$ CC=egcs; export CC
$ CXX=egcs++; export CXX
$ ./configure

or, if using a csh-derivative

% setenv CC egcs
% setenv CXX egcs++
% ./configure

That is, you use the compat-egcs compiler instead of the native GCC.

adicarlo was supposed to put rpms up, but he seems to be AWOL these days.
I'll bug him about it when an opportunity presents itself. BTW, Red Hat has
a guy working on OpenSP for for Red Hat, so I expect there to be some fixes
for this and a couple of other nits in the next release (whenever that may
be).