Re: Suggestion for the validator

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 08:38, Tom Kelleher wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> Nice job on this tool. VERY useful to have.  We may make validating a key
> part of our system review for our web development team.
>
> Suggestion:  In addition to uploading HTML files, would it be possible to
> simply copy and paste HTML into a textbox?  In our case, our site is
> entirely password protected -- so we can't just send the URL through your
> main interface.  That forces us to view the source for each page, *save it
> to a file* and then upload the file (and then later delete the file).  It
> would be nice to drop out the extra steps -- and just copy the source and
> input it into a textbox, and have the validator go to work on it.

Another short-cut -- available only in Opera -- is a right-click option to
validate the current page.  It submits the source from the cache to the W3C
Validation Service, just as if you used the file upload.  It only requires a
single right-click, however.

HTH,
--
Thanasis Kinias
Vice President & Manager of Information Systems