Re: Charset Trouble

Just for the record:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets actually defines

Name: macintosh                                           [RFC1345,KXS2]
MIBenum: 2027
Source: The Unicode Standard ver1.0, ISBN 0-201-56788-1, Oct 1991
Alias: mac
Alias: csMacintosh

and iconv (on validator) supports it, so changing 'x-mac-roman'
to 'macintosh' should pass the validator. But that doesn't mean that
the browsers will do the right thing; they might not understand it.
So in practice, Terje's advice below is what should be followed, I guess.

Regards,   Martin.