Re: Is this a moderated list?

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 05:56:40PM -0400, Mike Heins wrote:
> I just tried to subscribe to www-validator to more easily follow the
> thread I started, and I sent two more emails to the thread which appeared
> to vanish into the ether. (Other email messages to the list appeared to make
> it through subsequent to mine, and I checked that they were accepted for
> delivery.)
>
> I didn't find a link to a list information page. Is there any information
> on the list parameters? Is it moderated?

The list is not moderated, but messages from non-subscribers are
bounced to me for approval before being distributed to the list.

Generally, when I approve such a message I add the sender's address
to a list of addresses that are allowed to post directly to the list,
but I didn't do that for your address for some reason. Sorry, I must
have been in a hurry when I approved your message on Friday.

Your subscription request double-bounced because of a bogus hostname
in the return path (billy.minivend.com). I just forwarded you the
double-bounce, hopefully that will help you debug your mail setup.

These pages have info about this list:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/
    http://www.w3.org/Mail/

--