Re: Flagging & in URL in HTML 4.01 transitional type.

At 12:11 PM -0400 2001/6/08, Mike Heins wrote:
>In my opintion that validation is pedantic, and should certainly not
>be flagged in the HTML 4.01 transitional type.\

Well, duh.  All validation -is- pedantic.  That's the point.  If you're
just going to say "I know the spec says this, and I don't care, and even
if you have good reasons for it, it's still stupid" then you're not asking
for real validation.  Not in the technical sense.

If you don't care what the specification says or why it says it, why
do you care if your code can be validated against it?  It's all about
the pedantry, man.

Validation does not mean "the browsers will or won't accept it".  If
that is what you think it means, then you need to do some research into
what validation is REALLY about.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>