RE: checklink.pl fails: missing sys/syscall.ph?

I was originally running it with Cygwin Perl first in my path, in front of
ActiveState Perl (which I already have for other reasons).  However, after
either running it explicitly with "$PERL_HOME/bin/perl checklink.pl" (where
PERL_HOME is where I installed ActiveState Perl), or setting my PATH to put
AS Perl first, I still get this output:

----------------------------
[HAUERPC;] perl checklink.pl test.html
[Tue May 29 08:11:35 2001] checklink.pl: Unrecognized escape \s passed
through at checklink.pl line 1800.
[Tue May 29 08:11:35 2001] checklink.pl: W3C::CheckLink::urize() called too
early to check prototype at checklink.pl line 100.

<H1>Software error:</H1>
<PRE>Can't locate sys/syscall.ph in @INC (did you run h2ph?) (@INC contains:
c:/Perl/lib c:/Perl/site/lib .) at checklink.pl line 1200.
</PRE>
<P>
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error
message
and the time and date of the error.

[Tue May 29 08:11:35 2001] checklink.pl: Can't locate sys/syscall.ph in @INC