Re: small error on your page

On 23.04.01 at 08:43, Robert Readling <rreadling@alltel.net> wrote:

>The actual validator gif image code is missing the ".gif" on the end of
>the image filename.  You might want to correct that, or was that a test to
>see if we are all worthy?  I hope I passed.

It's a test and you failed. Shame on you! :-)

Actually, it's simply an artifact of the way content negotiation is
implemented in the web server we use. If I have two files -- say, foo.gif
and foo.png -- and I write my image links such that they point to just
"foo", the web server will offer both files to the client and let it choose
which format it prefers. Smart browsers should automatically add the
filename extension on platforms that need it (only Windows uses filename
extensions tio determine file type).

Anyways, there is nothing wrong with the file and if you just rename it
have the proper filename extension it should display properly on your local
box too. On the web page (i.e. in your browser window) it should look fine
regardless.