Re: Direct submit of local file to validate

On 13.04.01 at 21:00, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

>I'm not quite sure I can parse that: it looks like nonsense.
>If your page has a URL, then the validator will accept it.

It's an arbitrary chunk of HTML that exists only in his editor buffer and
he wants to use some form of automation (LISP in XEmacs, Perl in VIM,
AppleScript/Perl in BBEdit, VBA in UltraEdit, etc. etc.) to post this chunk
to the Validator instead of saving it as a file and using a browser to
upload it.

It was immediately clear to me, but that might be because I've been
pondering doing the same in my editor of choice (BBEdit). :-)