RE: INPUT TYPE="file", speech output,

You have heard from Cathy Laws that the Browse Button is recognized with HPR
and so you can conclude it is in the DOM since that is where HPR gets the
data to speak. But HPR is missing something. As a sighted user, I can type
in a file designation in the edit field. I think that is an HPR
implementation fault (design defect), not seeing that they should also
provide a text entry field along with the browse button. It isn't an
accessibility fault, however, since the browse button is adequate.

I tried Window-Eyes which relies on MSAA, as I understand it. Neither the
Browse button nor the text entry field are known to them - but please note I
am not a Window-Eyes expert. That, in my opinion (and interpretation), is a
bug for MSAA.

As I understand it, JFW parses HTML and, like HPR, JFW has a flaw in their
interpretation of the validate page, only finding the edit field, not the
browse button.

In all three cases, it seems to me it is not an issue for the content
provider, but for the assistive technology instead.

Jim
jim@jimthatcher.com
Accessibility Consulting
http://jimthatcher.com