Re: Incorrect "catch" of valid data

Terje,

With pleasure; I should have done that in the original post.  :-)

The "before" and "after" files are indicated by the following file
names below in the obvious manner. For brevity, I have condensed them
to what seem to be the bare essentials; both files are well under 1 kB
in size and contain no scripts.

http://fizzbowen.home.mindspring.com/test/before.htm
http://fizzbowen.home.mindspring.com/test/after.htm

The only difference between the two files is the </li> element at the
end of line 12; in the "before" file this element is missing (and is
the error that the validator correctly flagged), and in the "after"
file the element is present (the validator correctly flagged no
errors). The incorrectly flagged item (in the "before" case only) is
the one associated with the &#153; symbolic. Also note that the files
both contain a &reg; symbolic that is NOT flagged in either case.

The problem occurs in both the online-web and file-upload versions of
the validator and is consistently repeatable.

Thank you for responding.