RE: Embarrassing typo!

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:31:14 -0400
To: "'Terje Bless'" <link@tss.no>
Cc: "'gerald et al.'" <www-validator@w3.org>
Gerald, group:  My apologies for the newly gaff.
Terje:  I assume you don't mind two copies?

Okay, here's a real issue:    The W3C validator doesn't support
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1-Windows-3.1-Latin-1">
and erroneous reports a "fatal error".  That charset is valid and
registered, reference URL:
<http://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/character-sets>
One page, albeit modest, that uses this charset is at URL:
<http://www.cat.cc.md.us/~bbailey/>

The WDG HTML Validator doesn't have this problem.

I believe the charset to be valid and I respectfully submit a request for
that character set.  Please look into supporting it in the future.

Thanks very much.