Re: Direct submit of local file to validate

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 21:00:49 +0100 (BST)
To: dhulse@macromedia.com
cc: www-validator@w3.org, gerald@w3.org
On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 dhulse@macromedia.com wrote:

> Rather than using the form page in http://validator.w3.org/file-upload.html
> to submit a local file for validation, is it possible to get the direct URL
> with the correct parameters for a direct submission?
>
> E.g., if I am using an HTML editor that has scripting/macro capabilities, I
> would like to create a script to call the validator, passing in the
> currently loaded file to validate.

I'm not quite sure I can parse that: it looks like nonsense.
If your page has a URL, then the validator will accept it.

IF you mean you have a script that needs to be passed parameters
in order to generate the markup to validate, then you may be looking
for cg-eye, which is available at valet.webthing.com and www.htmlhelp.com.
Unfortunately cg-eye's validation capabilities are currently rather
limited, but if you just have HTML and an english (or western-european)
character set it should be fine.

--
Nick Kew