Re: Cache

On 05.04.01 at 14:37, Gagnon,Alexis [Montreal] <Alexis.Gagnon@EC.GC.CA>
wrote:

>is it possible that you use cache on your server ?  I validate a page and
>when I want to validate it again after I made modifications, the same
>mistakes appear again.

No, AFAIK, there is no caching done at W3.org and there is certainly none
in the Validator code (it doesn't even do If-Modified-Since requests!). One
possible cause is that _you_ are behind a cache (possibly a transparent
one) and it's getting confused because the Validator isn't returning cache
control headers. IOW, it's possible that it's not your page that is being
cached but rather that the validation results are being cached and the page
is not revalidated.

Can you check with your ISP whether they have a cache set up? And check
your server logs to see if there are hits coming in from validator.w3.org?