Re: .html and nothing else

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:09:56 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
On 28.09.00 at 14:48, Shane P. McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:

>the media type for XHTML files should continue to be text/html

Which is a really stupid idea and whoever thought it up should be taken out
back and summarly executed IMO. This is in effect lying about what you are
sending, forcing user agents to resort to content sniffing to figure out
whether to treat this as SGML or XML; of course, in the case of the bastard
hybrid XHTML, you need to treat it as _both_. :-(

I hope to god that XHTML 1.1 will own up to being XML so we can end this
lunacy. Pandering to browser bugs and people's lazyness does not a good
standard make. Especially since it was totally unnecessary in this case.

--
As a cat owner, I know this for a fact...
Nothing says "I love you" like a decapitated gopher on your front porch.