Re: "Valid HTML 4" image

From: <pdf@bizfon.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:07:59 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org
cc: Steve Kimberley <sjk36@cam.ac.uk>

It kills me that this problem has been around for months, tons of people have
complained about it, and NO ONE IS WILLING TO FIX IT!!!

Steve Kimberley <sjk36@cam.ac.uk> on 09/19/2000 06:02:05 AM

To:   www-validator@w3.org
cc:    (bcc: Peter Foti)

Subject:  "Valid HTML 4" image

I validated a page as HTML 4 and added the image vh40.gif to the page.
I've used a background in my page and I noticed that the image has a
white region a few pixels wide at its right hand side which isn't
transparent. This leaves a white edge to the graphic where the
background doesn't show through.

I've edited the graphic to make the relevant part transparent, so it now
works on pages with a background. The amended file - new_vh40.gif; GIF
89a non-interlaced - is attached, in case you would like to supply this
one in preference to the existing version.

Steve Kimberley Computer Associate
University of Cambridge Department of Pathology
Tennis Court Road Cambridge CB2 1QP UK
Email:sjk36@cam.ac.uk Tel:+44 1223 333724 Fax:+44 1223 333346

Compuserve GIF
(image/gif attachment: new_vh40.gif)