Re: Can I validate a entire website w/ validator.w3.org?

From: Nick Kew (nick@webthing.com)
Date: Sat, Dec 16 2000

    Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 17:35:08 +0000 (GMT)
    From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
    To: "Helio Nunes (dedalu)" <dedalu@najack.com.br>
    cc: www-validator@w3.org
    Subject: Re: Can I validate a entire website w/ validator.w3.org?

    On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Helio Nunes (dedalu) wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Validator is a nice feature! Much more for dinamic sites!!! My php site
    > can be validated!
    >
    > But how can I validate a entire website?

    You have several options:

    *  Online, you can use the WDG validator[1] to spider a site.  However,
       this relies on rapid-fire spidering, which puts a heavy load on the
       network.
    *  Install an offline validator such as the offline WDG validator or
       "arealvalidator"[2].
    *  Use the Site Valet[3] service to spider your site periodically and
       email you reports of a range of potential problems - including
       validation errors and other issues.

    [1] http://www.htmlhelp.org/tools/validator/
    [2] http://www.arealvalidator.com/
    [3] http://valet.webthing.com/