Re: [Bug] XHTML Strict Minimal document

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:02:39 +0200
To: "Karl Dubost" <karl@w3.org>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>, "Liam Quinn" <liam@htmlhelp.com>
* "Karl Dubost" <karl@w3.org> wrote:
| At 16:39 +0200 24/10/00, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
| >No. This does not validate against one of the 3 DTDs as required above. A
| >title element is required in the DTD. This is not expressed in the
| >recommendation text, but thats not important, conformance to the DTD is
| >required.
|
| Ok thanks ;-) Bjoern for the clarification. It's why I think we
| should complete the validator with help messages.

Agreed. I think we should think about how to implement these error messages.
Liam Quinn patched SP [1] to generate more helpful error messages for his
validator; I'm currently translating these error messages into german. Terje
said several times that he has to do something about these error messages to.
Maybe this is the right time to discuss this issue.

[1] http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/src/sp-1.3.4/lib/
--
Björn Höhrmann ^ mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de ^ http://www.bjoernsworld.de
am Badedeich 7 ° Telefon: +49(0)4667/981ASK ° http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de