Validator can't find my DTD...?

From: <darkgiraffe@hushmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 16:09:50 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

I used the HTML validator on my diary, and it said that I was using invalid
proporties like TopMargin in the <body> tag, so I looked this up in the
FAQ,
and started using a custom DTD. It is uploaded correctly, I can see it in
my
browser, but the validator says:

"Error: could not get "/kit/custom.dtd" from "www.unadopted.com" (reason
given was "Not Found")"

I looked through your mail archive, and found an article that said something
about the validator using HTTP 1.0 instead of 1.1, is this the problem?

Main site: http://melodicia.diary-x.com
Uploaded DTD: http://unadopted.com/kit/custom.dtd

Thanks for your time,
/Kit

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.