Re: XHTML DTD doesn't validate?

From: David J N Begley <d.begley@uws.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 01:05:32 -0400 (EDT)
To: Björn Höhrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Björn - I went through the thread at:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2000Aug/0017.html

and unfortunately posters were more interested in whether or not an additional
comment attribute was added, than whether the XHTML DTD was in fact
valid.  The only comments coming close to addressing the issue were from one
person saying that XHTML isn't really XML, followed by another person saying
that XHTML really is XML!

Thus, I'm left back at square one - wondering why the Brown XML validator
barfs on the XHTML DTD.  :-(

(FWIW, it appears to be basically fine with the WAP/WML DTD.)

Thanks..

dave
[ Please CC replies as I am not subscribed to the www-validator list. ]