Re: UTF-8 with Unicode line separator and BOM

---------------------------------^^^^^^^^
>There was no mention of the BOM in UTF-8 [in REC-xml-19980210]. Appendix F
>of REC-xml-20001006, however, does mention the case when the BOM is used
>in UTF-8.  Appendix F was completely rewritten in REC-xml-20001006. So
>[...] the validator should not be barfing on the BOM.

IOW: SP has not yet been updated to recognize the BOM as it was only really
standardized, lesse, two weeks ago. And since this is still version 1.0 of
XML it's impossible to tell if the document is written for "XML 1.0 First
Edition" or "XML 1.0 Second Edition" so you have to try sniffing for the
BOM for all XML 1.0 documents and -- until SP is updated (if it's ever
updated) -- manually supress the error?

--
As a cat owner, I know this for a fact...
Nothing says "I love you" like a decapitated gopher on your front porch.