Re: Validating XML on the Validator - Logo please?

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:27:51 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
On 30.08.00 at 11:16, Sean Palmer <wapdesign@wapdesign.org.uk> wrote:

[quoting me]

>>The parser used by XSV is some kind of weird semi-Closed Source thing. I
>>dunno what the license terms are for the copy XSV uses, but I do know
>>that you can't download it, you have to ask them nicely for an
>>Educational/Research Licence. The W3C may be able to work out some form
>>of licence with them, but I sure can't; at least not and redistribute
>>derived works (i.e. a patch to the validator) afterwards.
>
>Yes, that is very strange - W3C should be entirely open source, but I
>think that it is being developed by the University of Edingbourough.

And I see they've since apperantly changed the license to GPL. I'll go have
another look at it. Maybe this will solve the problems with Schemas if it
will do what i need it to (i.e. all the hard work ;D).

>>It also comes with only experimental language bindings and only in Python
>>(ye gods, but I *hate* Python!). The only thing that makes sense without
>>some *major* restructuring (read: build from scratch) is something that
>>can be easily called from Perl (which the Validator is written in).

And there even seems to be some binaries there so I won't have to start
mucking about with Python to use it.

--
As a cat owner, I know this for a fact...
Nothing says "I love you" like a decapitated gopher on your front porch.