Minor Problem With File Upload Feature

From: Hourann Bosci <hourannb@primus.com.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 08:29:51 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Greetings all,

I have discovered somewhat of a problem with the file upload feature: when
I upload one of my pages (written in XHTML), the validator says that it:

could not get "/TR/xhtml1/DTD/transitional.dtd" from "www.w3.org" (reason
given was "Moved Permanently")

Since the validator can't find a DTD, everything on my page fails (I am
quite certain that the majority of it is right .... I think ... okay, make
that I *hope* ... ). Methinks the validator is expecting to be able to find
the DTD from the same place where it got the file, rather than noticing the
"http://" and going to the W3C site via that "Internet" thing.

So, there you go. Hopefully this won't be a hugely difficult bug to iron
out ...

Thanks for the screen space!

Hourann Bosci