Re: Validator option suggestion

On 01.11.00 at 18:21, Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org> wrote:

>Yes, if a document is in a private space and it has a bunch of links in
>the same area, the link checker will report those links as 401's. This is
>because the link checker to check technical reports which are public.

But don't you proxy the auth request for the original document to the
browser? Why not cache that and attempt to use it for the relative links
within the same realm? The only time this would create a problem is with a
public document that links to private documents.

--
"I don't want to learn to manage my anger; I want to FRANCHISE it!"

                          -- Kevin Martin <brasscannon@bigfoot.com>