Validator - Not working correctly

From: Jim Freeman <rmorgan@web-opportunities.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 23:24:57 -0500 (CDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
I have tried getting the validator to work correctly on my webpage.  I haven't been able to get it to recognize all doctypes.  As of now I haven't installed the httpd.conf or mime.types.  Could this be the source of my problem?  I have reinstalled nsgmls 2 times now.  I have the newest version of the check file.  I'm not sure what it could be.  Any direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you