RE: XHTML image problems

From: Bart Szyszka <bart@gigabee.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 18:21:35 -0500
To: "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
> >No, I was talking about locally. Someone saves the image locally in Windows
> >or on the Mac or on Linux and they won't be able to just double-click on the file
> >in their file managing program and have it load in the image viewer set for GIF.
> Because their browser isn't well integrated into their system, not
> because of something that W3C is doing wrong.  W3C is giving the browser
> all the information it needs in order to Do The Right Thing with the
> image file.

While discussing this about the XHTML image, we forgot about the thing
that I mentioned about it, which was that the part of the checkmark that extends
outside of the button doesn't have a transparent background. This makes the
button OK for pages that have a white background, but not for pages that have
a color other than white. Like I said, since the angles of the checkmark are
45 degree angles, they don't warrant antialiasing which would be a reason not
to make the image transparent.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee Interactive  http://www.gigabee.com