RE: XHTML image problems

From: Bart Szyszka <bart@gigabee.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 14:18:24 -0500
To: "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
> >And besides, what about local copies of the image? A non-extensioned
> >GIF file won't be able to be clicked on easily and loaded in the image
> >viewer that is usually set for GIF files.
> Sounds like a server issue.

No, I was talking about locally. Someone saves the image locally in Windows
or on the Mac or on Linux and they won't be able to just double-click on the file
in their file managing program and have it load in the image viewer set for GIF.
They'd either have to set its MIME type individually if their OS permitted that or
rename it to give it a .gif file extension.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee Interactive  http://www.gigabee.com