Re: Validition error

From: Christian Smith <csmith@barebones.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:38:12 -0500
To: "France, David" <David.France@connect.xerox.com>
cc: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>
On Tuesday, March 14, 2000 at 14:10, David.France@connect.xerox.com (France, David) wrote:

> I got the following unexpected response when trying to validate:
>    http://home.revealed.net/dfrance/youth/index.html
>   500 Can't connect to home.revealed.net:80 (Bad hostname
> 'home.revealed.net')
> The URI is correct, though.  When I click the link in the error message it
> takes me to the page I want to validate.  Any ideas?

I get "The specified server could not be found" so your DNS is screwed as
far as the outside workd is concerned. You may have access to some
internal DNS server that knows how to find this machine but the rest of
the word can't.

--
Christian Smith  |  csmith@barebones.com  |  http://web.barebones.com

He who dies with the most friends... Is still dead!