Re: XHTML validation bug (false pass)

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:18:19 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
On 06.03.00 at 12:49, David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Terje Bless wrote:
>
>>Actually, I've had several people with pretty good knowledge of XML say
>>that SP's limitations are truely obscure and should appear next to never
>>in the wild.
>
>Counter-examples were what started the whole discussion.

Yes, examples that the _Validator_ will pass invalid XML off as valid, but
not that _SP_ will. While we rely on SP to do all the dirty work, it's just
conceivable that it could be a problem with how we are calling SP or the
pre-processing we do and not in SP itself.

Maybe Gerald knows a bit more about this. I wouldn't personally be able to
tell invalid XML from an Elephant if it was two seconds away from stepping
on me. :-)

>p.s. Pardon if I say I don't really care how the bug gets fixed,
>   so long as it gets fixed -- ASAP.

Noted! :-)