Running the validator on a local machine

From: <Barry_Dorrans@computacenter.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:58:48 -0500 (EST)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Please excuse me if this was an inappropriate place to ask, but I couldn't see
anything else. If I've boobooed then please point me somewhere else!

I've been trying to setup the validator internally to allow our HTML people to
validate their intranet pages, and preproduction pages for external use, but
it's been *ages* since I've used linux. Now whilst I've got Apache up and
configured, and the static pages running, I'm having no end of problems getting
the CGI configured and running. It doesn't help that I'm extremly clueless with
Linux, and with building all the ancillerary modules that the validator needs.

Does someone have a step by step guide from dummies, including getting all the
external modules, and the modules those depend on, with build and configuration
instructions? I trawled the archive but I can't see anything.

Thanks,

Barry