RE: Ampersands + "Last modified:" Malfunctions

http://www.xlibris.com/XL/container.asp?element=display.asp&show=b&sku=784

http://www.xlibris.com/XL/container.asp?element=display.asp&amp;show=b&amp;sku=784

> shows a book called "The Seeker"!  While this difference may not occur
> in your browser, it does happen for 80% of my business associates, and
> for 100% of the browsers in the Glendale Public Library system.

But how are you using the second form?  If you paste it into the
location field of the browser *IT WILL NOT WORK*.

But if you put it as the attribute value of an a tag, the only place
where you need to entity encode the &, it should work in all modern
browsers.

        "http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">
<head>
    <title>Untitled</title>
</head>
<a
href="http://www.xlibris.com/XL/container.asp?element=display.asp&amp;show=b&amp;sku=784">
book
</a>

What browser, version, and platform is this failing on?

--
Jim Correia                                Bare Bones Software, Inc.
correia@barebones.com                     <http://web.barebones.com>