RE: Ampersands + "Last modified:" Malfunctions

From: Jim Correia <correia@barebones.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:01:04 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org
cc: "Alan C. Baird" <ia@apc.net>
On 11:49 AM 6/29/00 "Alan C. Baird" <ia@apc.net> wrote:

> Of course.  For example:
> >
> displays my book, "9TimeZones.com" - while the proposed remedy:
> >
> shows a book called "The Seeker"!  While this difference may not occur
> in your browser, it does happen for 80% of my business associates, and
> for 100% of the browsers in the Glendale Public Library system.

But how are you using the second form?  If you paste it into the
location field of the browser *IT WILL NOT WORK*.

But if you put it as the attribute value of an a tag, the only place
where you need to entity encode the &, it should work in all modern

What browser, version, and platform is this failing on?

Jim Correia                                Bare Bones Software, Inc.
correia@barebones.com                     <http://web.barebones.com>