Re: XHTML validation

On Tuesday, June 13, 2000 at 07:02, JAMESICUS@aol.com wrote:

> Bertilo Wennergren wrote:
>
> >  Actually there is _no working XHTML validator out there now_. All that
> >  I have tried are seriously broken, and the one at W3C is by far
> >  the worst.
>
> I have been following your message threads with fascination and great
> interest.  I ran your two test exemplars:
>
> http://www.concinnity.se/bertilow/div/mad.html
>
> http://www.concinnity.se/bertilow/div/testform.htm
>
> through the W3C and  WDG  Validators and sure enough they passed muster with
> the usual "Congratulations ..." message.

You really passed both of them thru the WDG validator and were told by the
WDG validator that they were valid? I just tried them and they both failed.

> A run through the  XHTML Validator 0.9  produced "element name mismatch" ...
> ? for your file "mad.html" and "unconsumed element 'input' " ... ? for your
> file "check.html".
>
> What really surprised me was that both of your files passed muster
> ("Congratulations" , etc.) when I ran them in  XML.com's  RUWF (are you well
> formed) XML Syntax Checker:
>
> http://www.xml.com/xml/pub/tools/ruwf/check.html

This (like the W3C validator) only tests for well-formedness. The
documents -are- well-formed, They just are not valid XHTML.

--
Cybernetic Humanoid Responsible for Infiltration and Sabotage