Re: HTML DTD

From: Jim Correia <correia@barebones.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:40:41 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org
cc: Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@hem.passagen.se>
On 3:39 PM 7/14/00 "Bertilo Wennergren" <bertilow@hem.passagen.se>
wrote:

> Todd Fahrner:
>
> > I don't know of any DTD-based way to *require* height and width on
> > INPUT elements only when the type attribute value is "image" (an
> > invalid value in W3C HTML).
>
> What do you mean? "image" is quite valid as a value for the attribute
> "type" of "input" elements in XHTML and HTML 4.

What he means is you can make height and width required.  Or you can
make them implied.  But he doesn't know of any to say "they are required
if and only if the attribute value of 'type' is 'image'".

I don't either.

--
Jim Correia                                Bare Bones Software, Inc.
correia@barebones.com                     <http://web.barebones.com>