Re: XHTML

From: Brian Gilkison (bgilkison@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon, Jan 31 2000

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:28:29 -0500 (EST)
From: "Brian Gilkison" <bgilkison@hotmail.com>
To: www-validator@w3.org
Subject: Re: XHTML

>Then, I started Internet Explorer 5 and went to my site.  I clicked on a
>link, that's when the browser crashed.  I repeated the test- it happened
>again.  I tried it on Netscape-  it looked Netscapish (ie, terrible),
>but didn't crash.
>My analysis, Internet Explorer 5 is not compatible with XHTML 1.0.  I've
>read that IE 4.5 for Macintosh has serious problems with XHTML, but I
>had no idea the fairly good IE 5 for Windows would crash.

Keith, can you give some sample URLs?  I use IE5 as my main browser, but
I've not experienced any problems such as you describe with my personal
pages that I've converted to XHTML (shoot, I even got one to validate as
XHTML Strict -- 'Strict' is a rarity on my pages).

Brian Gilkison
gilkison@one.net