Re: Explicitly closing implicitly opened elements

From: Leedsnet <info@leedsnet.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:47:12 -0500 (EST)
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
>I agree, but I'm unsure if this can, or even should, be reported by the
>Validator as I suspect this is perfectly valid in SGML.

I agree with all that you wrote, and like you, feel that the  validator
must report
exactly the result of parsing the mark-up with an SGML and nothing but
that.

My guess is that this fell out of some feature of the language intended to
ease typing. I cannot, though, believe that it was deliberate. The best I
can hope for is that it is documented on the parser site.

Ben.

--
Leedsnet - The information resource for Leeds and the West Riding
<URL:http://www.leedsnet.com/>