Re: 4.0 to 4.01 Transition Issues

From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:50:07 -0500
To: Christian Smith <csmith@barebones.com>
Cc: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
At 11:32 PM 2/14/00 -0500, Christian Smith wrote:

>Nah, I think this is perfect. It lets the user know immediately that they
>should be using something other than what they are using, points to the
>current version and also points to the full content of the previous

No, it's perfectly legitimate to still use HTML 4.0 (just as it is to use
HTML 3.2, or HTML 2.0). These don't die or become subsumed by new versions.

Just Released! - HTML BY Example
Now shipping -  Mastering XML
Also in print:  Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials

Founder, WebGeek Communications            http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org
Director, HWG Online Education             http://www.hwg.org/services/classes