Ampersand trouble?

From: Clark Kimberling <ck6@evansville.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:08:49 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Having tried for hours to validate a page, I finally turned to

and got the impression that URIs which contain Ampersands (&'s) may have
some problems.
(If you visit the above address, you'll see what I mean.)

Unfortunately, upon clicking the link offered at the above address in
connection with Ampersands, I received a "Page cannot be displayed" message.

Can I validate a page that uses lots of &'s?  It's a mathematical page with
lots of Greek symbols and other &goodies, so I really must use &'s.  I'd
really like, also, to be able to display the Validated logo.

A sample &problem page, in case someone cares to view the source code and
tell me whatever little thing I'm overlooking, is

Clark Kimberling,
University of Evansville