Re: Request for Sample Pages

From: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:41:43 -0500
To: "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce_Bailey@ed.gov>
Cc: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>
On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 09:51:13AM -0500, Bailey, Bruce wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a reasonably high profile sites (aside from W3C) that
> make good use of (image or text) links to
> <http://validator.w3.org/check/referer>?
>
> I see that this is on Gerald's to do list
> <http://validator.w3.org/todo.html> (#11), but I was hopping for something
> sooner than that.  I know it's rude to ask, but please CC me directly as
> well as responding to the list.  Thanks.

Some of the consistent top non-W3C referrers are:

    http://www.google.com/search
    http://www.open.gov.uk/
    http://www.satan.com/
    http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/
    http://www.anybrowser.com/validateit.html
    http://www.hwg.org/
    http://www.webtechs.com/html-val-svc/
    http://www.projectmayo.com/
    http://slashnet.org/
    http://lynx.isc.org/release/
    http://www.opera.com/
    http://www.debian.org/
    http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~gerald/validate/

Others come and go: slashdot threads, online course materials, etc.

(not really what you had in mind, I guess: these are almost
entirely sites about writing HTML, not visible corporate sites)

--
Gerald Oskoboiny       <gerald@w3.org>  +1 613 261 6630
System Administrator   http://www.w3.org/People/Gerald/